One way to really enjoy a song is to sing along with it. An even better way is to sing along with friends! Join us at Anime FX this Friday, November 21, 2014 for a night of fun karaoke as the semester begins to come to a close. You don’t even need to sing well, you just need to enjoy yourself while you do.
Since we are winding down to two meetings left in the semester, we will be having an election for the spring semester. Details about officers’ roles will be provided below!
Officers will be required to have active membership in order to run for their positions.
The President and Treasurer must be a San Francisco State University registered student taking at least 6 units and maintaining a 2.0 grade point average or above in compliance with University policies.
The President must also have served in a previous office for a minimum of one semester to qualify for this position, unless in an emergency where there are no other officers that can take the position.
Possible candidates are elected by majority vote of active AnimeFX members
present during an election meeting. Election meetings are held at the end of every academic semester.
Members running for an Officer position can still be nominated and elected even if not physically present.
All members running for an Officer position should provide a list of qualifications and other information beforehand, specifics determined by current officers.
Officer Terms will be for one academic semester
Listed are the duties and allowed power for each officer position.
Blanket Officers do not a static set of duties. Instead, they can be assigned a mix of duties that would normally fall under different Officers’ responsibilities. They are subject to the President from semester to semester and event to event, depending on the situation.
Listed below are a general guideline of duties that can be assigned to Blanket Officers, except for President and Treasurer:
President/Chief Executive/Head Coordinator
– Represent AnimeFX in any and all San Francisco State University events requiring an AnimeFX representative. May also elect a representative to take his/her place.
– Initiates the process of registration every academic year.
– Programs weekly anime screenings
– Act as chairman at all meetings.
– Coordinate and facilitates the actions of other officers.
– Make executive decisions on the direction of AnimeFX.
– May issue a State of Emergency under the conditions that the AnimeFX organization is on the brink of extinction.
– In a State of Emergency the President may forgo election and voting procedures to appoint any active member of AnimeFX as an officer.
– Act as chairman at all meetings in which the President is absent.
– Assume all duties and powers of the President when and while such position is vacant.
– Acts as advisor to the President, making sure the President fulfills his/her duties to the fullest capacity.
– Assure that the duties of the officers listed below are performed to their fullest capacity and report problems to the President.
– Be responsible for the maintenance of all non-financial records of AnimeFX including, but not limited to, meeting schedules – both weekly and officer, movie showings, officer contacts, active member lists, screening contracts, correspondence, and the Constitution of AnimeFX.
– Keeping an up-to-date list of non-financial AnimeFX assets.
– Act as fact checker during meetings, able to repeat any information previously said when asked.
– While not solely responsible for using the organization’s funds, is responsible for the recording and distribution of funds.
– Prepare and present a budget for the operations of AnimeFX during each academic term by the end of the first month.
– Managing acquisitions of funds from A.S.I every academic semester.
– Upon the request of any officer, report the financial status of AnimeFX.
– Advertises AnimeFX and its events on campus.
– Maintains partnership with any affiliates of AnimeFX on campus.
– Advertises AnimeFX and its events outside campus grounds.
– Maintains and creates partnership with any affiliates of AnimeFX, including its sponsors, outside campus grounds.
– Attain screening permissions for viewings of US licensed showings.
– Schedules events hosted by Anime FX
– Maintain schedule of events, able to announce upcoming events when asked
– Advertises Anime FX events within the club and campus
– Manages and maintains the organization’s library including, but not limited to, contracts, cataloging, and finding a location to store the organization’s inventory.
– Will also be required to log all borrowed items and make sure all members abide by the library’s set of rules.
– Maintains the AnimeFX website, message board, Facebook, and other online social networks and social affiliations.
See you soon!
Time : 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Location: HUM 113
Add yourself to this event’s Facebook page
Art provided by Jose Ruelas